Right now I walked previous my slumbering motorcycle as I dragged the recycling can to the garage door. I think I might have observed a sneer of contempt from the 690 as it sleepily sipped go-go juice from the battery tender.


“Good-morrow, lady. Though you averted your eyes, I feel that you have seen me right here in the corner.”


“I did, I DO see you. But… but the roads… so salty still…”


“Today? Today it will rain. It will pour down a GLORIOUS DELUGE and the streets will run clear salty tears will drain away. And you! You, chubby 1, will ride again quickly. It has been spoken and it is so. Oh, do not overlook to place out the cardboard recycling, too.”


The KTM could be a tad melodramatic.


It hasn’t been specifically cold lately but following the blizzard 2 weekends ago, the roads are nevertheless messy with nasty, corrosive salt. That stuff gets everywhere and I couldn’t effortlessly get to the hose in the backyard to wash down the bike so… I’ve been waiting. Right after today’s pouring rain the streets must be nice and clean. Tomorrow is tomorrow’s today, so on that today… I could get out for a ride!


This post is portion of a 29 posts in 29 days blogging challenge hosted by Kathy at ToadMama.com. Today’s writing prompt: Today